Saturday, January 5, 2008

Burning Bridges

And the world spins madly on.
There's a wide array of strangers who feel the same.
They sit on some old, rugged couch with connections in their lap
Self-indulgent java hungry poets
So let's join hands and create make-shift picket fences
Because hearts are a disgrace and we should drown them in our own spit
and
if you know what I mean
then
you know that this has been a grave dissappointment

I come and go
But I can never get past the welcome mat

Things are up in flames everywhere you turn
Like it's a forced habit to burn bridges or let go of
ideas that frighten you
But we should shake our heads and tighten our grips
Grab our human rights and cradle the fact that we
still have a few of them left
And some of us still have the
weapon of words
And when that happens, we are forced to shut up and
let it burn
Like the burning of books and bibles
Because God forbid we believe anything other then what we are told
But nothing molds me
Not bullets, not taped mouths, not slavery
Not money, not you, not reality, not the morning
I am nocturnal
The beast in the depth of the night
Collecting strangers and fingers for my own
sadistic, selfish reasons
Because you know, in the core of you,
I am everything you've ever wanted.



No comments: